On Friday, April 12, 2019, Puerto Ricans in Action will be hosting the Second Annual "Puerto Rican Film Night" in hopes of showcasing the creative works of Boricua filmmakers and as part of our efforts to ensure the vibrant future of the Puerto Ricans in Los Angeles.
The evening will include a two-hour screening block of short films, networking, and a 30min Q&A with the filmmakers.
Location: Echo Park Film Center
1200 N Alvarado St, LA, CA 90026
Doors: 7:30 pm
Screening 8:00 pm, Q&A to follow
***Parking is hard to find next to the venue. We recommend taking Uber or Lyft.
To submit a film: please contact us at puertoricansinaction.LA@gmail.com
If you would like to support this wonderful event, ticket entry is $15.00 and proceeds support future film screenings and festivals.
Tickets are limited, so get them early!
The deadline for film submissions is April 1, 2019. The length of each film should be no less than 30 seconds and no more than 10 minutes. Live action and animated films are accepted. There is a $10 submission fee per movie. This includes admission for the filmmaker as well.
1. The deadline for film submissions is April 1, 2019, 10:00 pm.
2. The length of each film should be no less than 30 seconds and no more than 15 minutes. Both live action and animated films are accepted.
3. There is a $10 submission fee per film.
4. Please send your film to puertoricansinaction.LA@gmail.com using Google Drive, DropBox or WeTransfer.
5. Write the title of the film, a short description of yourself and the film, include the runtime.
6. We will do final selection approval.
7. All films must have had a Puerto Rican with a significant role in the process of making the film, i.e., writer, director, producer, actor, etc.
8. Filmmakers must be able to attend the screening.